10 Ways to Save Money at Starbucks
8. Keep those cards: Remember those Starbucks gift cards you bought to save money (Step 6)? When purchasing them, go for unusual patterns if possible, and don't throw them away after you use all the credit. There are quite a few people out there who collect Starbucks gift cards. Hold on to to them for a few years, and you may be able to sell each of them for a few bucks as a collectible.
9. Raid the change jar: If you are in the habit of changing your coins at a CoinStar (CSTR) machine, choose a Starbucks gift card rather than a cash payout. The gift cards in the machines come at face value, while getting cash will take out an 8.9% fee. By going with the gift card, you save that 8.9%.
10. Buy McDonald's coffee: This alternative is not as crazy as it might first appear. McDonald's (MCD) new premium coffees beat Starbucks coffees in head-to-head taste tests, they cost less, and you can get your coffee a lot quicker than at Starbucks. That makes switching to McDonald's coffee a financially sound alternative.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV