10 Ways to Save Money at Starbucks
8. Keep those cards: Remember those Starbucks gift cards you bought to save money (Step 6)? When purchasing them, go for unusual patterns if possible, and don't throw them away after you use all the credit. There are quite a few people out there who collect Starbucks gift cards. Hold on to to them for a few years, and you may be able to sell each of them for a few bucks as a collectible.
9. Raid the change jar: If you are in the habit of changing your coins at a CoinStar (CSTR) machine, choose a Starbucks gift card rather than a cash payout. The gift cards in the machines come at face value, while getting cash will take out an 8.9% fee. By going with the gift card, you save that 8.9%.
10. Buy McDonald's coffee: This alternative is not as crazy as it might first appear. McDonald's (MCD) new premium coffees beat Starbucks coffees in head-to-head taste tests, they cost less, and you can get your coffee a lot quicker than at Starbucks. That makes switching to McDonald's coffee a financially sound alternative.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV