10 Ways to Save Money at Starbucks
If going to the actual Starbucks shop is part of your coffee equation:
4. Use a gift card: If you know you're going to be going to Starbucks on a regular basis, there is an easy way to take some money right off the top. All you need to do is pick up Starbucks gift cards on eBay (EBAY). Starbucks gift cards regularly sell at a 5% to 15% discount (including shipping costs), which can mean a savings of over $100 a year if you buy on a daily basis.
5. Choose Your Location: Where you purchase your Starbucks coffee can get you a discount. Some Starbucks offer promotional discounts that you can take advantage of to save money. For example, Vons grocery stores have been running a promotion where if you purchase your coffee at a Starbucks inside one of their stores and you have a Vons club card, you get every 8th drink free. That's nearly a 15% discount.
6. Take your own cup: Not only do you help the environment by reducing waste, you can take 10 cents off the price of your coffee.7. Stay simple: Here's a good rule of thumb to remember when you walk into any Starbucks shop: The harder it is to say the name of the coffee drink, the more money it will cost. If you want to spend less, simply say "coffee" when you make your order.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV