10 Ways to Save Money at Starbucks
If going to the actual Starbucks shop is part of your coffee equation:
4. Use a gift card: If you know you're going to be going to Starbucks on a regular basis, there is an easy way to take some money right off the top. All you need to do is pick up Starbucks gift cards on eBay (EBAY). Starbucks gift cards regularly sell at a 5% to 15% discount (including shipping costs), which can mean a savings of over $100 a year if you buy on a daily basis.
5. Choose Your Location: Where you purchase your Starbucks coffee can get you a discount. Some Starbucks offer promotional discounts that you can take advantage of to save money. For example, Vons grocery stores have been running a promotion where if you purchase your coffee at a Starbucks inside one of their stores and you have a Vons club card, you get every 8th drink free. That's nearly a 15% discount.
6. Take your own cup: Not only do you help the environment by reducing waste, you can take 10 cents off the price of your coffee.7. Stay simple: Here's a good rule of thumb to remember when you walk into any Starbucks shop: The harder it is to say the name of the coffee drink, the more money it will cost. If you want to spend less, simply say "coffee" when you make your order.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV