New Sheriff at Take-Two
In business, as in the stock market, timing, and the willingness to take just the right amount of risk, is everything.
And few business executives have perfected the art of walking the tightrope like Strauss Zelnick, former entertainment business mogul, private equity player and now possibly the next kingmaker at troubled video-game maker Take-Two Interactive (TTWO).
Zelnick headed 20th Century Fox as president and chief operating officer in 1989 when he was just 32 and moved to BMG Entertainment as CEO five years later. He quit the company soon after the music label struck a deal with troubled file-sharing service Napster (NAPS) and went on to start his own private equity firm, ZelnickMedia.
Still, few video game enthusiasts and investors had heard of him before he appeared in a filing by a group of activist shareholders as a nominee for the position of nonexecutive chairman for a new board of directors at Take-Two.The shareholder group, consisting of Oppenheimer Funds, SAC Capital Management, Tudor Investment, D.E. Shaw Valence Portfolios and ZelnickMedia, collectively owns a little more than 45% in the company, and it is looking to oust current CEO Paul Eibeler and change the company's board. Take-Two shares
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV