Thursday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
La Jolla Pharmaceutical (LJPC) shares soared 36% after it reported positive interim results from a late-phase study of a drug proposed to treat lupus, a chronic condition in which the immune system mistakenly attacks the body's own tissues. Shares were adding $1.13 to $4.29.
Mamma.com (MAMA) jumped after the Canadian search engine swung to a fourth-quarter profit of $420,000, or 3 cents a share, compared with a loss of 6 cents a share a year ago. Revenue more than doubled to $3.6 million. Shares were rising $1.51 to $6.01.
CSP (CSPI) was gaining after its fiscal first-quarter revenue surged 40% and it reported a profit of $978,000, or 25 cents a share. Last year's losses came to 15 cents a share. The Billerica, Mass., company, which develops messaging and image-processing software, was up $1.38, or 15.1%, to $10.51.
Retailer Bon-Ton (BONT) jumped after February same-store sales rose 9.8% year over year, with total revenue more than tripling to $237.6 million. Shares were climbing $7.18, or 15%, to $54.98.New York & Co. (NWY), a women's clothing-store chain, said February sales gained 8.9% to $87.7 million. Same-store sales were up 2.7%, as compared with last year's 12.8% decline. Shares of the New York-based company were rising $1.51, or 11.3%, to $14.83. Relm Wireless (RWC) slid 21% after fourth-quarter earnings plummeted year over year. Sales dropped 17% to $7.5 million. Shares of the Florida-based wireless-equipment maker were falling $1.16 to $4.36.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV