Dendreon's Date With Destiny
Can you give me a rough idea of what happens to Dendreon's stock either way after March 29?
First, don't forget that the FDA will release briefing documents -- its review of the Provenge data and questions for the advisory panel -- on March 27. That's two days before the panel convenes. Expect some volatility in Dendreon's stock around that.
If the advisory panel rejects Provenge this time around, Dendreon's $4-plus stock gets cut in half easily. The company has a bit more than $1 a share in cash.
If the advisory panel is positive, Dendreon zooms. This will probably sound very conservative, but it's not hard to get to $500 million in sales for Provenge on its initial approval. Slap a five times sales multiple on that and discount it any way you want, because it doesn't matter -- Dendreon's current $280 million-plus market cap will be way undervalued.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV