Merck Deal Boosts Avalon
The Germantown, Md., company said the companies intend to identify and develop inhibitors for an undisclosed target that is important in the development of cancer. Avalon will screen a select set of compounds from Merck's proprietary compound library and identify hits against this target that is generally regarded as "intractable" based on the difficulty in identifying inhibitors.
Avalon may receive discovery, development, regulatory and commercial milestones payments exceeding $200 million, as well as royalties on any potential future marketed products.
Shares rose $1.37 to $6.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV