Tuesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Sykes Enterprises (SYKE) surged 22% on solid first-quarter guidance. The Tampa, Fla., customer-service outsourcer pegged profits at between 23 cents and 25 cents a share, at least a nickel above Thomson Financial's estimates; sales should be between $163 million and $168 million, or at least $9.5 million above the consensus. Shares were rising $3.58 to $19.40.
Topps (TOPP), maker of baseball cards and candy, will sell itself to Michael Eisner's Tornante and Madison Dearborn Partners for $9.75 a share, or $385.4 million. The deal should close in the third quarter. The New York-based company was up 89 cents, or 10%, to $9.80.
K&F Industries (KFI) said Britain-based Meggitt will buy it for $27 a share -- a 10% premium to Monday's closing price. This deal is worth around $1.1 billion, plus $700 million in debt assumption. The companies, which both make systems for vehicles and aircraft, said the transaction will likely close in the second quarter. White Plains, N.Y.-based K&F was adding $2.36, or 9.6%, to $26.86.
NaviSite (NAVI) said its fiscal second-quarter earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization shot up 79% from last year to $5.2 million, while per-share losses narrowed by a penny to 13 cents, or $3.8 million. This is 2 cents short of consensus, but revenue was up 15% from last year to $30.2 million, beating targets. The Andover, Mass., information-technology firm also issued in-line third-quarter and full-year sales guidance. Shares were gaining 49 cents, or 7.9%, to $6.69.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV