VeriSign to Miss Filing Deadline
VeriSign (VRSN) will miss the filing deadline for its annual report, due Thursday, because of its ongoing stock options investigation.
The Internet infrastructure company also said it would miss the March 16 extended deadline to file its 10-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
VeriSign said previously that it will need to restate financial statements for the years 2002 to 2005 and for the first quarter of 2006 to record additional expenses, because past stock options grants had incorrect measurement dates. Charges for the periods between 2002 and 2005 should be less than $200 million, the company has said.
In January, the group of directors reviewing VeriSign's option grant practices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV