Wednesday's Financial Winners & Losers
Fremont General (FMT) plunged nearly 15% after the California-based bank said its year-end 2006 financials, previously slated for release Wednesday, won't be in by the March 1 deadline. Shares were losing $1.72 to $9.93.
Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) got a lift after it announced that Tuesday's roughly 13.7 million traded contracts set a new record for daily volume. The prior record was about 11 million contracts. Shares were gaining $29.23, or 5.7%, to $540.22.
Amerisafe (AMSF) shares jumped 9.5% after the Louisiana-based insurer said fourth-quarter income totaled $12.8 million, or 70 cents a share, compared with $3 million, or 39 cents a share, a year ago. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial had targeted 36 cents a share. Amerisafe was adding $1.54 to $17.84.
American Express (AXP) rose after an analyst with Friedman Billings raised the credit-card company's rating to outperform from market-perform. He said the stock is currently undervalued. Shares were up $1.20, or 2.2%, to $56.79.MBIA (MBI) raised its dividend by 3 cents to 34 cents a share, sending its stock up 68 cents, or 1%, to $66.75.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV