Audible Narrows Loss
Updated from 4:58 p.m. EST
Audible (ADBL) posted a loss for the fourth quarter, but it was less than the year earlier's and not as much as analysts had feared.
The audio entertainment company also bested the Street's forecast for its top line.
For the fourth quarter, Audible said Tuesday that it lost $700,000, or 3 cents a share, compared with a loss of $2.2 million, or 9 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter.Analysts polled by Thomson First Call had anticipated a loss of 7 cents a share. Audible reported revenue of $23.3 million, rising from $18.3 million in the same quarter last year and beating the $21.9 million average analyst forecast. "The 4th quarter of 2006 delivered across-the-board improved financial results for Audible," Donald Katz, CEO and chairman of Audible, said in a statement. "We saw a strong seasonal sales lift during the quarter, as well as positive results from focused promotional merchandising efforts." Audible added 70,400 new "AudibleListener" members during the quarter, a boost of 13.3% over the same period last year. Sales from Apple's (AAPL) iTunes Music Store contributed 27% of consumer content revenue. Last year, Audible
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV