Tuesday's Financial Winners & Losers
CBRE Realty (CBF) plunged more than 18% after the real estate investment trust said fourth-quarter adjusted funds from operations were $5.9 million, or 19 cents a share -- short of the 23 cents sought by analysts. The Hartford, Conn., firm was losing $2.94 to $13.
Safety Insurance (SAFT) saw lower fourth-quarter earnings of $22.9 million, or $1.42 a share, compared with $27 million, or $1.69 a share, a year ago. Wall Street was seeking 6 cents more from the Boston-based insurer. Shares were off $4.13, or 9.1%, to $41.24.
International Securities Exchange (ISE) dropped after a lawsuit filed against it was returned to the Illinois state court, following the ISE's success at changing the venue. The Chicago Board Options Exchange and others filed the suit in order to prevent the ISE from trading index options on the Standard & Poor's main index or the Dow Jones Industrial Averarge, which it is currently prevented from doing. ISE shares were down $3, or 6.3%, to $44.93.
Thomas Weisel Partners (TWPG) slipped after it named a new chief financial officer, David Baylor, to replace Bob West as of April 2. Shares were losing 26 cents, or 1.4%, to $18.14.FNB Financial Services, (FNBF) a Southeastern bank, gained on word LSB Bancshares (LXBK) will buy it in a stock-swap worth $17.68 a share. FNB shares were adding $1.08, or 7.3%, to $15.98. LSB was sinking $1.17, or 7.1%, to $15.35.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV