Tuesday's Health Winners & Losers
Curagen (CRGN) was one of few winners of Tuesday's session. Earlier, BWS Financial upgraded the stock to strong buy from buy. Curagen was adding 44 cents, or 12.4%, to $4.
Oscient Pharmaceuticals (OSCI) was also higher after posting a narrower-than-expected fourth-quarter loss, thanks to sales of the company's Antara cardiovascular drug. Shares of Oscient were up 15 cents, or 3%, to $5.10.
Threshold (THLD) plummeted 57.5% after the company said late Monday that a phase III clinical trial of its drug glufosfamide failed to show the ability to extend the lives of patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. Threshold was down $2.06 to $1.52.
Drugmaker Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA) was lower after a study of the multiple sclerosis drug Copaxone had disappointing results. Teva was losing $2, or 5.3%, to $35.51.Among other healthcare stocks, Chad Therapeutics (CTU) was gaining 7 cents, or 4.1%, to $1.77; Celgene (CELG) was losing $4.05, or 7.1%, to $53.17; Forest Laboratories (FRX) sank $2.57, or 4.7%, to $52.55; and Amgen (AMGN) was down $1.95, or 3%, to $64.25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV