Crude Lower Wednesday
Updated from Feb. 27.
Crude oil futures were lower Wednesday morning, trading at $60.88 after dropping more than $1 from Tuesday's close in electronic trading.
In an extremely volatile trading day, crude futures fell early Tuesday, rebounded around midsession, and then plunged after normal trading ended.
At 4 p.m. EST, the March contract for light, sweet crude oil was down 92 cents to under $61 a barrel after closing the floor session at $61.46. Heating oil climbed 2 cents to close at $1.78 a gallon, and gasoline ended the Nymex session up 3 cents at $1.81 a gallon.Natural gas, which finished 2 cents lower at $7.53 per million British thermal units Tuesday, traded at a recent $7.38. The overnight collapse in Chinese equities swept through global markets early Tuesday. The Shanghai Composite Index fell by 8.8% amid rumors that the Chinese government was preparing to put the screws to an overheating economy. Macroeconomic concerns reverberated around the world, and in the U.S. the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down more than 400 points. "Equity prices in China have tripled in the last 18 months. Meanwhile, China has increased its benchmark lending rate multiple times. ...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV