Apple TV Device Delayed
Apple (AAPL) said late Monday that the debut of its Apple TV streaming media device has been delayed.
"Wrapping up Apple TV is taking a few weeks longer than we projected," said Apple spokeswoman Lynn Fox. "We now expect shipments to begin mid-March."
Though greatly overshadowed by the appearance of the long-awaited iPhone, Apple unveiled its Apple TV device at Macworld in January and began taking orders that day. It sells for $299, and was originally scheduled to ship in February.
The device enables users to wirelessly stream videos and music stored on their PCs onto their television sets. Apple TV has a 40-gigabyte hard drive and can also store up to 50 hours of video.Apple shares lost 10 cents to $88.55 in recent after-hours trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV