Marvell Tech Soft on Sales
Marvell Technology Group (MRVL) fell short of the Street's estimate for its fourth-quarter revenue late Monday, and said it would miss the filing deadline for its 10-K because of its continuing stock-options probe.
The chipmaker said its sales totaled $622 million for the quarter, growing 27% from $489 million in the same period last year. That was shy of the $624.6 million expected by analysts.
The company did not provide any profit information for the quarter or the full year because of an internal review of its stock-options practices and accounting procedures.
Marvell did not immediately provide an outlook for the first quarter or 2008 fiscal year.Marvell said the special committee in charge of the stock-options probe has not yet completed its investigation. "The special committee is working to complete its stock option review in a timely manner; however, in light of the review, Marvell does not expect to be in a position to file its form 10-K for fiscal 2007 by the March 28, 2007 filing deadline," the company said. Marvell shares closed Monday trading down 22 cents, or 1.1%, to $19.86. After hours, the stock shed another penny to $19.85.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV