Monday's ETF Winners & Losers
The Utilities HOLDRs (UTH) was the session's best performer Monday as TXU (TXU) said it will go private through the largest leveraged buyout in history. The ETF was higher by $4.10, or 3%, to $139.71.
The PowerShares Lux Nanotech (PXN) ETF was also gaining ground after holdings Altair Nanotechnologies (ALTI) and Cambridge Display Technology (OLED) were up by 4.6% and 4.1%, respectively. The ETF was higher by 20 cents, or 1.1%, to $17.94.
On the other hand, transportation stocks were weaker as the price of oil pushed as high as $61.75 a barrel. The iShares Dow Jones Transportation Average (IYT) ETF was losing $2.10, or 2.3%, to $90.49.The B2B Internet HOLDRs (BHH) was one of the session's worst performers as holding CheckFree (CKFR) was falling nearly 1.5%. The ETF was down 3 cents, or 1.6%, to $2.24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV