Monday's ETF Winners & Losers
The Utilities HOLDRs (UTH) was the session's best performer Monday as TXU (TXU) said it will go private through the largest leveraged buyout in history. The ETF was higher by $4.10, or 3%, to $139.71.
The PowerShares Lux Nanotech (PXN) ETF was also gaining ground after holdings Altair Nanotechnologies (ALTI) and Cambridge Display Technology (OLED) were up by 4.6% and 4.1%, respectively. The ETF was higher by 20 cents, or 1.1%, to $17.94.
On the other hand, transportation stocks were weaker as the price of oil pushed as high as $61.75 a barrel. The iShares Dow Jones Transportation Average (IYT) ETF was losing $2.10, or 2.3%, to $90.49.The B2B Internet HOLDRs (BHH) was one of the session's worst performers as holding CheckFree (CKFR) was falling nearly 1.5%. The ETF was down 3 cents, or 1.6%, to $2.24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV