Friday's Health Winners & Losers
Cerus (CERS) was one of the best performers of Friday's session. After the previous close, the biotech company said it swung to a fourth-quarter profit that easily beat Wall Street's estimates. Cerus was recently up 33 cents, or 5.8%, to $6.07.
Telik (TELK) was also higher after the company late Thursday posted a narrower-than-expected fourth-quarter loss. The stock was rising 38 cents, or 7%, to $5.85.
On the other hand, Gene Logic (GLGC) slid 4.2% to $1.82 after the company said it may spin off its genomics division, which was once the company's core business.
PDL BioPharma (PDLI) was also moving lower more than a day after the company missed fourth-quarter earnings targets. The stock was losing 26 cents, or 1.3%, to $19.45.Among health care winners of the session, NeoPharm (NEOL) surged 29.8% to $2.31. Celgene (CELG) was adding 2.8% at $56.41. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) was higher by 1.1% to $57. Among decliners, Forest Laboratories (FRX) was off 1.2% at $54.34. Humana (HUM) was losing 1.1% to $61.61. UnitedHealth Group (UNH) was down 1% to $53.19.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV