Vasco Data Beats Estimates
Fourth-quarter profit at IT security specialist Vasco Data Security International (VDSI) rose 70%, beating analysts' estimates.
Net income for the fourth quarter of 2007 was $5.1 million, or 13 cents a share, compared with $3 million, or 8 cents a share, a year earlier. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial were expecting $4.16 million or 8 cents a share.
Revenue for the quarter ended Dec. 31 grew 44% over the same time last year to to $25.2 million; analysts had expected $25.7 million.
Shares of Vasco were recently up 85 cents, or 5.6%, to $16.Vasco has been one of the few IT security companies that has found investor favor recently. The stock
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV