Vasco Data Beats Estimates
Fourth-quarter profit at IT security specialist Vasco Data Security International (VDSI) rose 70%, beating analysts' estimates.
Net income for the fourth quarter of 2007 was $5.1 million, or 13 cents a share, compared with $3 million, or 8 cents a share, a year earlier. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial were expecting $4.16 million or 8 cents a share.
Revenue for the quarter ended Dec. 31 grew 44% over the same time last year to to $25.2 million; analysts had expected $25.7 million.
Shares of Vasco were recently up 85 cents, or 5.6%, to $16.Vasco has been one of the few IT security companies that has found investor favor recently. The stock
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV