Friday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Captaris (CAPA) lost a quarter of its value after fourth-quarter software sales slipped 4% from last year to $9.3 million. The Bellevue, Wash.-based company's total top line came to $25.2 million, but analysts polled by Thomson Financial were looking for $26 million. Shares were losing $2.22 to $6.66.
Hurco (HURC), which makes systems for cutting and forming metal, was surging more than 24% on impressive fiscal first-quarter earnings. The Indianapolis-based company pocketed $5.4 million profits, or 84 cents a share, compared with $3 million, or 48 cents a share, a year ago. Shares were adding $8.59 to $43.75.
Perini (PCR) swung to a fourth-quarter profit of $19.3 million, or 72 cents a share, which trounced the 33-cent consensus. Last year the Framingham, Mass.-based construction company lost $11.7 million, or 45 cents a share. Revenue soared by about 57% to $944.3 million. Looking ahead, Perini reiterated its 2007 guidance. Shares were rising $4.33, or 14.3%, to $34.70.
San Diego's Orthologic (OLGC) was higher after late-stage testing on its fracture-repair compound, Chrysalin, yielded statistically significant results in healing wrist fractures. Shares were gaining 19 cents, or 12.4%, to $1.72.Telecom-equipment maker Ditech Networks (DITC) saw fiscal third-quarter earnings of 9 cents a share -- 2 cents above Wall Street expectations. The Mountain View, Calif., company also brought in 58% more revenue year over year to $22.1 million. Shares were up 87 cents, or 12.1%, to $8.09.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV