TheStreet.com Ratings: Top 10 Small-Cap Stocks
Each weekday, TheStreet.com Ratings compiles a list of the top 10 stocks in five categories -- fast-growth, all-around value, large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap -- and publishes these lists in the Ratings section of our Web site.
Today we look at small-cap stocks. This list, updated daily, is based on data from the close of the previous trading session. These are stocks of companies that have market capitalizations of between $50 million and $500 million that rank near the top of all stocks rated by our proprietary quantitative model, which looks at more than 62 factors. In addition, the stocks must be followed by at least one financial analyst who posts estimates on the Institutional Brokers' Estimate System. The stocks are ordered by their potential to appreciate.
Up first today is Tessco Technologies (TESS), which provides support and services for businesses that use wireless, voice, data, fixed and in-building systems. The company's stock has been rated a buy since December 2004. Among the company's strengths include notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, impressive stock-price performance and net income growth.
These strengths overcome the company's low profit margins and give it considerable upside potential.
Dynamex (DDMX) provides same-day delivery and logistics services in the U.S. and Canada. It has been rated a buy since December 2004. The company's strengths include its notable return on equity, revenue growth, solid financial position and reasonable debt levels. Dynamex also has had solid stock price performance and an impressive record of earnings-per-share growth. TheStreet.com Ratings believes these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV