Profit Up at Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro (IM) topped the Street's revenue forecast and posted earnings that matched Wall Street estimates late Thursday.
The Santa Ana, Calif.-based distributor of technology products said its net income was $91.7 million, or 53 cents a share, for the fourth quarter, compared with $84.4 million, or 51 cents a share, in the same period one year ago.
CEO Gregory Spierkel said problems migrating to a new warehouse management system in Germany clouded the income performance during the quarter, nicking EPS by 3 cents to 4 cents a share.
The new management system is now in place and should result in a more efficient and productive operation for the country, he said.But the negative impact was offset by a favorable legal settlement of $4 million, or 2 cents a share, in the quarter. In addition, a reduction in tax rate benefited the company by a penny a share. On the top line, Ingram Micro reported $8.85 billion, rising from $7.96 billion in the same three months last year. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call pegged the company for 53 cents a share on sales of $8.55 billion. "We closed the year with record annual sales and income," Spierkel, said in a statement. "For the fourth quarter, sales hit a quarterly record and all four regions reported operating margins of more than 150 basis points for the first time in company history. Nearly every country performed well. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV