Friday's Early Winners & Losers
InSite Vision (ISV) was leaping in late trading Thursday after the ophthalmic-products maker said pharmaceutical behemoth Pfizer (PFE) granted it an exclusive license regarding Pfizer's patent family for treating eye infections with azithromycin.
As InSite's eye-infection treatment AzaSite contains azithromycin, the company says the license will "enhance the position and marketability of InSite's AzaSite franchise." Alameda, Calif.-based InSite was up 22 cents, or 13.1%, to $1.90. Pfizer shares were unchanged.
BSquare (BSQR) surged after the Washington-based small-cap swung to a $706,000 profit, or 7 cents a share, in the fourth quarter, from last year's losses of $246,000, or 3 cents a share. The technical-software company also said sales climbed 11% to $14.1 million from a year ago. Shares were gaining 65 cents, or 18.6%, to $4.15.
Stockeryale (STKR) jumped after the Salem, N.H.-based maker of lasers and LED modules narrowed its fourth-quarter operating losses to $1.7 million, or a nickel a share, from $4.7 million, or 17 cents a share, a year ago. Sales from continuing operations surged 45% to $5.9 million. The small-cap expects full-year 2007 sales will range between $30 million and $34 million, which would represent a significant increase from 2006's $19.4 million revenue. Shares were adding 23 cents, or 14.7%, to $1.80.Postal stamp purveyor Stamps.com (STMP) said it earned $5.1 million in the fourth quarter, excluding items, or 22 cents a share -- 2 cents above the Wall Street consensus, according to Thomson Financial. A year ago, the Los Angeles-based outfit had a profit of $4.1 million, or 17 cents a share. Sales were up 21% from last year to $25 million, $1 million above the mean target. Shares were rising $1.52, or 10.6%, to $15.82.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV