Steinway in Tune With Payout
Steinway (LVB) tickled the ivories Tuesday after the piano maker declared a $3-a-share special dividend.
The New York-based company said the dividend is payable March 9 to holders of record Feb. 23.
"With no large acquisitions planned in the near future, the board determined a dividend to be the most appropriate use of funds at this time," said CEO Dana Messina. "This action reflects the confidence we have in the Company to generate strong operating results in the coming year."
The news comes just a month after Steinway terminated a plan to buy a big music retailer.The company also said Tuesday that domestic piano workers represented by Local 102 of the United Furniture Workers approved a new three-year contract. Shares were halted late Tuesday after rising 97 cents to $33.97.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV