Monday's Health Winners & Losers
Shares of Adeza Biomedical (ADZA) were among health care stocks' winners Monday, rising more than 50% on news of a merger.
Cytyc (CYTC) agreed to acquire the maker of products for women's health for $24 a share, or $452 million. The merger is expected to close by the end of March. Shares of Adeza were up $8.25, or 53%, to $23.78 in recent trading. Cytyc shares were up 59 cents, or 2%, at $30.14.
(ONXX) was surging 91% Monday after the company said a trial of the liver cancer drug Nexavar
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) dropped lower on reports that merger talks with Sanofi-Aventis (SNY) have come to an end. Bristol shares were recently down $1.05, or 3.7%, at $27.47, while Sanofi was higher by 24 cents, or 0.6%, at $44.02.Medifast (MED) climbed higher on an 83% year-over-year increase in full-year revenue. The weight-loss company reported unaudited revenue of $73.5 million, up from $40.1 million in 2005 and higher than its previous guidance of $70 million to $72 million. Analysts are looking for $73.3 million in revenue, according to Thomson First Call. Shares were recently higher by $1.37, or 17.6%, at $9.14.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV