Tuesday's Health Winners & Losers
Myriad Genetics (MYGN) was trading higher after the company reported a fiscal second-quarter loss that beat analysts' expectations. After touching a 52-week high of $37.35, the stock was recently up $1.28, or 3.7%, to $36.33.
Shares of MedImmune (MEDI) were rising 1.7% even after Thomas Weisel Partners downgraded the stock to market-weight from overweight, citing a lack of new drugs in the pipeline. MedImmune, which is set to report fourth-quarter earnings on Wednesday, was recently up 58 cents to $34.22.
Among losers, Mentor (MNT), a Santa Barbara, Calif.-based maker of breast implants, posted fiscal third-quarter earnings that beat the Thomson First Call consensus, but its shares were still falling. Mentor was down $2.36, or 4.5%, to $50.32.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV