Tuesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Hoku Scientific (HOKU) shot up after the Hawaii-based company extended its planned polysilicon contract with German solar power developer Solar-Fabrik. Hoku, which makes clean energy technologies, now expects to see about $175 million worth of polysilicon sales over several years under the deal, up from a prior estimate of between $120 million and $140 million. Shares were rising 45 cents, or 8.4%, to $5.78.
Shares of Movie Gallery (MOVI) were higher after the Alabama-based company said it would refinance its existing senior secured credit facility. The transaction, which will be arranged by Goldman Sachs, is expected to close within the first quarter. The video-store chain's stock was rising 34 cents, or 9.1%, to $4.11.
Oncolytics Biotech (ONCY) sank after the Canada-based company said it will sell about $10.2 million worth of stock and purchase warrants (converted from Canadian dollars), with an underwriter's option worth about $1.5 million. The offer will likely close Feb. 22. Shares were trading down 40 cents, or 14.7%, to $2.33.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV