Nationwide Buys NWD for $225 Million
Nationwide Corp., a unit of Nationwide Financial Services (NFS), announced late Monday that it would buy the Philadelphia-based retail operations of NWD Investment Management.
According to the terms of the deal, Columbus, Ohio-based Nationwide will acquire the company for $225 million in cash, plus the value of tangible shareholders' equity on the balance sheet at closing.
The operations that Nationwide is buying manage about $25 billion of mutual fund assets, of which about $13 billion is sub-advised by third parties. The deal is expected to be completed during the second quarter of this year.
Nationwide Financial will also acquire Gartmore Mutual Fund Capital Trust, which acts as investment adviser to two NWD Investment Management-affiliated mutual funds: Gartmore Mutual Funds and Gartmore Variable Insurance Trust.The deal doesn't include NWD's institutional asset-management businesses, although Nationwide says it will review its strategic options for these remaining businesses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV