Mentor Guides In Line
Mentor (MNT) said Monday that third-quarter earnings easily beat Wall Street's estimates while revenue narrowly topped analysts' consensus predictions.
The Santa Barbara, Calif.-based maker of breast implants also said its fiscal year sales would be in a range of $305 million to $315 million, in line with the $307.5 million from analysts polled by Thomson First Call.
Mentor didn't provide an earnings estimate. For the fiscal year ending March 31, analysts are looking for $1.14, excluding one-time items.
When items are taken out of the third quarter, Mentor earned 36 cents a share on sales of $75.3 million from continuing operations. Analysts projected 25 cents and sales of $73.5 million.All told, Mentor earned $13.63 million, or 29 cents a share, for the three months ended Dec. 31. For the same period in 2005, Mentor earned $12.74 million, or 26 cents a share, on revenue of $63.1 million. GAAP figures include gains or losses from discontinued operations. Mentor sold its urology-products business in June 2006. Mentor's improved quarter was aided by the Food and Drug Administration's approval in November of silicone gel breast implants for
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV