Friday's Health Winners & Losers
Intuitive Surgical (ISRG), a maker of robotic surgical gear, was surging Friday after the company reported a fourth-quarter profit that fell 52% from a year ago but came in better than analysts anticipated. The stock was higher by $18.08, or 18.2%, to $117.40.
Millipore (MIL), a biopharmaceutical products manufacturer, jumped nearly 7% after the company reported strong fourth-quarter earnings and guidance for 2007. Millipore was adding $4.82 at $74.34.
Shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) were slumping a day after the company said it expects losses to widen in 2007 as it invests more in its hepatitis C drug. Vertex was losing 96 cents, or 2.8%, to $33.84.
Among health care stocks gaining ground, Hanger Orthopedic Group (HGR) was higher by 81 cents, or 8.8%, to $9.97. CryoLife (CRY) was rising by 39 cents, or 4.6%, to $8.84. Elan (ELN) added 38 cents, or 2.9%, to $13.55.Decliners included Angiotech Pharmaceuticals (ANPI), which dropped $1.26, or 14.2%, to $7.59. Atherogenics (AGIX) slipped 79 cents, or 6.6%, to $11.22. Tenet Healthcare (THC) eased 10 cents, or 1.4%, to $7.06.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV