Wednesday's Early Winners & Losers
Printronix (PTNX) rocketed 26.4% after the Irvine, Calif.-based company lifted its fiscal third-quarter guidance. The printing-products maker projects earnings will surpass the prior expected range of between 7 cents and 14 cents a share, and revenue is now forecast at $34.7 million to $34.9 million, at least $700,000 more than the high end of the previous outlook. One analyst polled by Thomson Financial is seeking income of 12 cents a share on revenue of $32.5 million. Shares were adding $3.20 to $15.34.
Particle Drilling Technologies (PDRT) was surging after it announced it had inked a one-year agreement with an independent oil company that "currently ranks among the top five companies in the U.S. in terms of domestic onshore drilling and development activity" for technology and services, patented by Particle, allowing for faster drilling of difficult rock. Services begin this quarter in East Texas. Compensation, if any, will be determined by an unspecified gain-sharing formula based on Houston-based Particle's performance. Shares were up 34 cents, or 9.7%, to $3.85
California's SiRF Technology (SIRF), which makes global positioning system components, posted higher fourth-quarter income that came to $15.7 million, excluding items, or 28 cents a share, on $70 million in revenue that met analysts' projections. Year ago-earnings totaled $12.2 million, or 22 cents a share. Wall Street had called for a 24-cent profit. Shares were gaining $4.27, or 17.9%, to $28.15.
Omnicell (OMCL) rose after it more than doubled its fourth-quarter earnings. The Mountain View, Calif.-based company, which makes technology for use in health care facilities, said it earned $5.7 million, or 19 cents a share, on a non-GAAP basis. Revenue climbed 26.4% to $42.3 million from a year ago. Analysts were seeking 17 cents a share on $41.7 million in revenue. Shares were rising $1.38, or 7.4%, to $20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV