Tuesday's Health Winners & Losers
NutriSystem (NTRI) plunged 10% in heavy trading as a long-running selloff in the weight-loss company accelerated. The stock has dropped 22% in two weeks as technical sell signals have been struck. Shares dropped $4.83 to $53.01.
Odyssey Healthcare (ODSY) dropped 7% after the hospice operator issued subpar 2007 guidance. Shares fell $1 to $12.12.
ICU Medical (ICUI) sank 6% after the critical care company issued disappointing guidance for the coming year. Shares slid $2.52 to $37.50.
Theragenics (TGX) soared 19% after swinging to a fourth-quarter profit. Shares rose 66 cents to $4.12.Wyeth (WYE) dropped 2% after posting a 17% rise in fourth-quarter earnings. Shares fell 96 cents to $49.64. Among healthcare stocks gaining ground Tuesday, Amgen (AMGN) rose 94 cents to $70.91, Elan (ELN) added 13 cents to $12.43 and Biogen (BIIB) tacked on 33 cents to $48.01. Among decliners, Merck (MRK) slid 55 cents to $44.96 and Cephalon (CEPH) gave up 38 cents to $73.85.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV