Monday's Tech Winners & Losers
Symantec will pay Altiris shareholders $33 a share, representing a 22% premium over Friday's closing price of $27.14. "By combining the endpoint management solutions from Altiris with the security expertise from Symantec, we believe we can offer customers a more comprehensive solution to protect and manage the millions of connected devices that make up the fabric of today's global IT infrastructure," Symantec said. The deal is expected to close in the second quarter. Shares of Altiris were trading up $5.32 to $32.46, while shares of Symantec fell 28 cents to $17.49.
Radware (RDWR) slid 14% after the software maker's fourth-quarter results came in below Wall Street's estimates. The company earned $110,000, or a penny a share, on revenue of $21.1 million. Excluding stock-based compensation, the company earned $944,000, or 5 cents a share. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial expected earnings of 8 cents a share and revenue of $21.9 million. In the year-earlier quarter, Radware earned $2.4 million, or 12 cents a share, on revenue of $21 million. Shares were down $2.06 to $12.58.
Shares of Silicom (SILC) soared 35% after the networking company posted big gains in fourth-quarter earnings and revenue. The company earned $1.1 million, or 20 cents a share, up from $473,000, or 11 cents a share, a year earlier. Revenue rose to $5 million from $3.1 million. Shares were trading up $3.58 to $13.58.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV