Friday's Tech Winners & Losers
Shares of CDW (CDWC) fell 8% after the seller of computer products posted fourth-quarter earnings that fell below expectations. The company reported earnings of $53.6 million, or 67 cents a share, on revenue of $1.82 billion. Excluding items, the company earned $69 million, or 86 cents a share. Analysts expected earnings of 91 cents a share on revenue of $1.81 billion. During the year-earlier period, the company earned $70.5 million, or 86 cents a share, on revenue of $1.61 billion. Shares were trading down $5.74 to $65.01.Other technology movers included Microsoft (MSFT), up 35 cents to $30.80; Cisco Systems (CSCO), up 22 cents to $26.44; Conexant Systems (CNXT), down 20 cents to $1.81; Intel (INTC), up 23 cents to $20.83; Sun Microsystems (SUNW), down 1 cent to $6.33; Apple (AAPL), down 54 cents to $85.71; Level 3 Communications (LVLT), down 9 cents to $6.08; and Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI), up 3 cents to $3.76.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV