Thursday's Health Winners & Losers
Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) gained to 6.4% to $5.80 after the company announced that the Food and Drug Administration approved its fat tissue processing system for use with its Celase tissue processing reagent. The system is used for plastic and reconstructive, gastrointestinal, thoracic and other surgeries.
Among other health stock winners Thursday were Adams Respiratory Therapeutics (ARXT), 1% higher to $45.47; Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND),up 1.8% to $11.75; Kendle International (KNDL), rising 2% to $36.55; and Tiens Biotech Group (TBV), gaining 9.3% to 5.79.
Among the losers were Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), down 2.1% to $26.42; Abbott Laboratories (ABT), 1.6% lower to $52.70; Biogen Idec (BIIB), falling 1.8% to $47.91; Genzyme (GENZ), off 1.5% to $66.23; MedImmune (MEDI), 1.5% lower to $34.19; Barr Pharmaceuticals (BRL), down 1.1% to $54.88; and Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX), falling 3% to $35.18.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV