Thursday's Health Winners & Losers
Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) gained to 6.4% to $5.80 after the company announced that the Food and Drug Administration approved its fat tissue processing system for use with its Celase tissue processing reagent. The system is used for plastic and reconstructive, gastrointestinal, thoracic and other surgeries.
Among other health stock winners Thursday were Adams Respiratory Therapeutics (ARXT), 1% higher to $45.47; Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND),up 1.8% to $11.75; Kendle International (KNDL), rising 2% to $36.55; and Tiens Biotech Group (TBV), gaining 9.3% to 5.79.
Among the losers were Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), down 2.1% to $26.42; Abbott Laboratories (ABT), 1.6% lower to $52.70; Biogen Idec (BIIB), falling 1.8% to $47.91; Genzyme (GENZ), off 1.5% to $66.23; MedImmune (MEDI), 1.5% lower to $34.19; Barr Pharmaceuticals (BRL), down 1.1% to $54.88; and Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX), falling 3% to $35.18.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV