Thursday's Daily Blog Watch
Editor's note: Every morning, James Altucher presents the most timely, topical posts from the Web's best business blogs.
Summary of all the latest activist situations courtesy of 13Dtracker.blogspot.com via Stockpickr. We will keep this updated daily.
10Q Detective gives Universal Technical Institute (UTI) a failing grade.
Will the age of high-definition TV change the way we look at politicians? (And what stocks will benefit?)
247 Wall St. wonders whether a Super Bowl ad can save InfoUSA (IUSA).
Portfolio Pam brings us the highest-yielding small-cap stocks.
Wow, I didn't realize China was this close to being the dominant country on the Internet.
Alligator Investor picks apart Henry Blodget's statement that people should just stop picking stocks.
One Guy's Investments believes Markel (MKL) is very close to being the next Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA), and he points to Markel's page on Stockpickr as evidence.
Stocks and Blogs gives several reasons to like Nintendo.
Paul Kedrosky summarizes what Wall Street had to say about Yahoo!'s (YHOO)earnings.
Hedge Fund Reader writes about the 25 most-intriguing hedge funds.
Investor Trip believes crocs are ugly but Crocs (CROX) might still be a buy.
Compete analyzes its search traffic to see that Blockbuster (BBI) is catching up to Netflix (NFLX). My question to Compete: Why are you giving this stuff away for free to the readers of Blog Watch? You should sell this info to hedge funds.
Check out today's article, "Trade Like Michael Dell." What I like about Dell's portfolio, as opposed to Bill Gates' portfolio, is that Dell doesn't avoid technology. In fact, who better than Michael Dell to know the up-and-coming trends?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV