TheStreet.com TV Recap: Tech Signs
Moving on to the railroads, he said it's a "false tell" that Norfolk Southern (NSC) is down because the company has "periodically screwed up on earnings and then ramped."
Cramer said he's been buying Union Pacific (UNP) for his charitable trust and believes the stock should hit $110 to $115. Union Pacific was recently trading at $97.
"The secular story for rails, which is all about the infrastructure crumble for trucks, is just too great," he sad. "The long-term trend in rails is superior to almost any other trend I've got."
Concerning housing, Cramer told Task that he considers Centex (CTX) "a bunch of idiots" because it got way too bullish at the top, as did Lennar (LEN), Toll Brothers (TOL), DR Horton (DHI) and Pulte (PHM)."None of these companies distinguished themselves as good businessmen," he said. "None of them turned out to be cautious." However, Cramer said what he likes about the homebuilders is that they're still not making more homes. He believes it's better to be long inventory of land than it is to be long inventory of homes because while the home inventory is being worked off, the land is selling much more profusely than he thought.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV