Wednesday's Early Winners & Losers
Citrix Systems (CTXS) shares were leaping 10.9% in after-hours trading Tuesday as the company said fourth-quarter earnings rose to $73 million excluding items, or 39 cents a share, edging past estimates by a penny.
Last year, the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., infrastructure-software company made $67 million, or 36 cents a share. Revenue climbed 19% from last year to $321 million, topping the $311.4 million consensus, according to Thomson Financial. The results were called preliminary due to an ongoing internal stock-option grant review. Shares were up $3.25 to $33.12.
Quanta Services (PWR) soared after the Houston-based contractor drove up its fourth-quarter estimates. The company -- which deals in installation and maintenance relating to electricity and gas, among other things -- now expects to earn between 19 cents and 20 cents a share, excluding items. Previous guidance called for 11 cents to 14 cents a share. Sales are estimated at $590 million to $600 million, up from the prior range of $500 million to $525 million. Analysts are looking for 14 cents a share on $518.7 million revenue. Shares were adding $1.50, or 7.5%, to $21.40.
RF Micro Devices (RFMD) rose after the company more than tripled its earnings in the quarter ended Dec. 31, with income totaling $59.3 million, or 26 cents a share, on $281.1 million revenue. This compares with last year's $14.7 million, or 7 cents a share, on sales of $208 million. The Greensboro, N.C., maker of mobile-communications systems was rising 55 cents, or 8%, to $7.43.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV