Citi Buying ABN Amro Mortgages
Terms weren't disclosed, but Citigroup said it will purchase $9 billion in net assets and a $224 billion mortgage servicing portfolio.
"The acquisition of ABN Amro Mortgage Group demonstrates our commitment to grow our consumer lending business in the U.S.," Citi said. "As a best-in-class provider and servicer of residential mortgages, we will be able to provide ABN Amro Mortgage Group's customers with an expanded suite of products while increasing our distribution channels in new and existing markets."
The acquisition will add approximately 1.5 million servicing customers to CitiMortgage's portfolio as well as 2,500 wholesale brokers to its wholesale lending business. When combined with CitiMortgage's strong market presence, the combined company will move up a spot to No. 4 in mortgage loan servicing and strengthen CitiMortgage's No. 3 market position in originations, based on third-quarter 2006 numbers.The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2007 and is subject to customary regulatory filings and approvals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV