Citi Buying ABN Amro Mortgages
Terms weren't disclosed, but Citigroup said it will purchase $9 billion in net assets and a $224 billion mortgage servicing portfolio.
"The acquisition of ABN Amro Mortgage Group demonstrates our commitment to grow our consumer lending business in the U.S.," Citi said. "As a best-in-class provider and servicer of residential mortgages, we will be able to provide ABN Amro Mortgage Group's customers with an expanded suite of products while increasing our distribution channels in new and existing markets."
The acquisition will add approximately 1.5 million servicing customers to CitiMortgage's portfolio as well as 2,500 wholesale brokers to its wholesale lending business. When combined with CitiMortgage's strong market presence, the combined company will move up a spot to No. 4 in mortgage loan servicing and strengthen CitiMortgage's No. 3 market position in originations, based on third-quarter 2006 numbers.The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2007 and is subject to customary regulatory filings and approvals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV