Friday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Odyssey Healthcare's (ODSY) rating was upped to buy from hold by a Deutsche Securities analyst, sending the Dallas-based company's shares up $1.17, or 9%, to $14.21.
Amcol International (ACO) reported soaring fourth-quarter profits. Earnings for the quarter totaled $12 million, or 39 cents a share, compared with $8.4 million, or 27 cents a share, a year ago.
Excluding a tax-cut benefit of 3 cents a share, income beat estimates by 2 cents a share. Fourth-quarter revenue climbed 16% to $155.9 million from a year ago, which eclipses the $155.1 million projection. Shares were gaining $2.05, or 7.9%, to $28.70.
Enterra Energy Trust (ENT) tumbled after the Canada-based driller halved its monthly dividend to 6 cents a share. Shares were falling $1.26, or 15.5%, to $6.88.Pharmos (PARS) sank after the biotech announced that its proposed synthetic cannabinoid compound didn't relieve a particular model of induced pain, as compared with a placebo, in midphase testing. The Iselin, N.J.-based company said that the compound, which is chemically related to marijuana, was nonetheless well tolerated. Shares were losing 19 cents, or 10.5%, to $1.62. Irvine Sensors (IRSN) slid after the Costa Mesa, Calif., chipmaker said it will be late with its 2006 financials, which were due Jan. 18. The company says it will file the results "as soon as possible." Shares were down 9 cents, or 5.5%, to $1.55.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV