Wednesday's Health Winners & Losers
Shares of biotech Iomai (IOMI) soared nearly 25.3% to $6.39 after the company said it will receive a contract from the Department of Health and Human Services to develop a patch to improve the efficacy of small amounts of flu vaccine, to help cover more individuals in the event of a pandemic.
The company could receive research costs plus a fix fee totaling $128 million. The department has already allotted $14.5 million to cover performance under the contract through March 31, 2008, Iomai says.
Shares of drug developer Xoma (XOMA) jumped 6.4% to $2.50 after the company said it's expanding its collaboration with Schering-Plough (SGP) in the development of antibodies to treat cancer and immune diseases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV