Don't Buy Apple's One-Trick iPhone Pony
So one has to ask, as Alan Murray does in The Wall Street Journal today, why the iPhone was announced so far in advance of its actual introduction in June 2007.
Last Tuesday's announcement also runs the risk of both the smartphone and iPod markets freezing up over the next few months.
And looking beyond the wow! factor, one has to question many of the features of the iPhone product. I suspect that in the fullness of time there could be even more flaws than I mentioned in my article yesterday.
From my perch, the market's very favorable reaction to Apple's iPhone is yet another example of disbelief being suspended ... on the Street of Dreams.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV