Angiotech Rises on Patent Win
Angiotech gained 47 cents to $9.07 Wednesday morning.
The lawsuit claims that Conor's CoStar drug-eluting stent infringes a patent held by Angiotech in Europe. The devices are used to prop open arteries cleared of plaque. The patent is part of a worldwide patent portfolio exclusively licensed to Boston Scientific.
"This is a significant victory in a key area of our intellectual property," said Angiotech. "Conor's attempt to design around our patented technology has failed. Not only did the court uphold Angiotech's patent rights in the Netherlands, it also ruled that Conor's stent infringes upon that intellectual property."Angiotech expects reviews and hearings on the patent claims to continue and says Conor is likely to appeal the court decision. Conor fell 7 cents to $32.86 and Boston Scientific dropped 8 cents to $18.04.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV