Tuesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Smith & Wollensky (SWRG) ballooned 45% after Landry's (LNY) offered to buy the New York-based restaurant operator for $7.50 a share. Smith & Wollensky shares were gaining $2.28 to $7.31. Landry's was up 26 cents, or 0.9%, to $30.45.
Zevex International (ZVXI) surged after the Salt Lake City-based medical equipment maker agreed to be bought by Moog (MOG.A) for $13 a share, with an $83.8 million maximum purchase price. The transaction will likely close in March. Zevex shares were trading up $3.40, or 36.3%, to $12.77. Moog was dipping 4 cents to $37.81.
Sinovac Biotech's (SVA) fourth-quarter sales soared 56.8% to $6.27 million, the China-based company said, and full-year revenue rose to $15.4 million, up 78.7%. The company attributed these gains to growing demand for its hepatitis A vaccine, Healive. Shares were rising 40 cents, or 17%, to $2.80.
FX Energy (FXEN) gained on word that its Winna Gora test well, located in central Poland, yielded gas flow in Rotliegendes-aged sandstone at a depth of about 3,500 meters. Shares of the company were up 99 cents, or 16.8%, to $6.89.XTL Biopharmaceuticals (XTLB) jumped after the New York-based company inked a deal with Dov Pharmaceutical to develop Dov's Bicifadine drug, which treats neuropathic pain. XTL will pay Dov potential fees in excess of $134 million, including $7.5 million cash upfront, milestone payments of $126.5 million in stock or cash, and royalties. Shares were climbing 58 cents, or 17%, to $3.98.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV