Friday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
AsiaInfo (ASIA) jumped 9% after the Chinese telecom-software company struck a deal with China Unicom (CHU) to jointly develop its CDMA push mail platform for use in China. Terms weren't disclosed. AsiaInfo was adding 73 cents to $8.48. China Unicom was up 23 cents, or 1.8%, to $13.03.
Security With Advanced Technology (SWAT) gained on news that the Orlando, Fla., company is launching a division focusing on products and services for elite tactical training. The division, Veritas Tactical, has an "ongoing engagement" with the U.S. Marines, the company said. Shares were rising 38 cents, or 7.6%, to $5.40.
Pacific Internet (PCNTF) rose after an investor group said it will offer to buy the Web service provider outright. The group currently owns about 29.9% of the Singapore-based company. Shares were climbing 89 cents, or 9.8%, to $10.
Jewett-Cameron Trading (JCTCF) tumbled after the lumber company halved its fiscal first-quarter profits. In the period ended Nov. 30, the North Plains, Ore., company earned $288,000, or 18 cents a share, compared with $550,000, or 36 cents a share, a year ago. Revenue slid 15% to $15.5 million. Shares were losing $3.13, or 24%, to $10.07.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV