Cramer's Mailbag: AT&T's Rebirth
Editor's note: Jim Cramer answers questions below.
-- David A.Jim Cramer: Wow -- you just named my top telecom and cable stocks, respectively. AT&T has been born again, following the closure of the BellSouth purchase. The deal finally creates one security you can buy that gives you a pure-play on Cingular Wireless. Comcast has always been best-of-breed in the cable business, and last year's 63% gain is a sign that investors are finally embracing the sector once again.
Do you still like the (FCNTX) Fidelity Contrafund ? -- Vince M. Jim Cramer: Even though this fund closed to new investors last April, I believe it remains an attractive long-term holding for current holders. According to Bloomberg, the fund's performance is in the 90th percentile of the market, with a five-year compound annual return of 11.8%. Will Danoff is one of the best, most consistent managers in the market, which is no easy task when you have almost $70 billion under management.
Will Nymex (NMX) shares ever return to the post-IPO high of $152? -- Axel D.
Jim Cramer: Even if energy prices have pulled back early on in 2007, I believe the exchanges remain a solid investment. That said, New York Stock Exchange (NYX) remains my favorite stock in this group, and I own it for my
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV