Cramer's Mailbag: AT&T's Rebirth
Editor's note: Jim Cramer answers questions below.
-- David A.Jim Cramer: Wow -- you just named my top telecom and cable stocks, respectively. AT&T has been born again, following the closure of the BellSouth purchase. The deal finally creates one security you can buy that gives you a pure-play on Cingular Wireless. Comcast has always been best-of-breed in the cable business, and last year's 63% gain is a sign that investors are finally embracing the sector once again.
Do you still like the (FCNTX)Fidelity Contrafund? -- Vince M. Jim Cramer: Even though this fund closed to new investors last April, I believe it remains an attractive long-term holding for current holders. According to Bloomberg, the fund's performance is in the 90th percentile of the market, with a five-year compound annual return of 11.8%. Will Danoff is one of the best, most consistent managers in the market, which is no easy task when you have almost $70 billion under management.
Will Nymex (NMX) shares ever return to the post-IPO high of $152? -- Axel D.
Jim Cramer: Even if energy prices have pulled back early on in 2007, I believe the exchanges remain a solid investment. That said, New York Stock Exchange (NYX) remains my favorite stock in this group, and I own it for my charitable trust. The company has the best brand in the business, and should be very successful with its international expansion strategy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV