Thursday's Daily Blog Watch
Editor's note: Every morning, James Altucher presents the most timely, topical posts from the Web's best business blogs.
Long/short hedge fund Zetta Capital shares its entire portfolio, longs and shorts, and why.
Venture capitalist and former Netscape General Manager Jeremy Liew gives his consumer Internet predictions for 2007.
Creative post of the day: Here are all the stocks for companies that pay their CEO's $1 a year. And it's a pretty solid group.
Freeway Capital likes the only publicly traded company that trades carbon credits. Perhaps the only pure play on global warming.
10Q Detective is wondering whether Sirius (SIRI) should just reverse stock split.
Alt Energy Stocks gives the lowdown on the future of alternative fuels.
Yahoo! (YHOO) extends its string of A+ micro-acquisitions. First delicio.us and flickr. Now MyBlogLog. Incidentally, if you check out MyBlogLog, add me as a contact.
Crossing Wall Street presents a graphical description of how well small-caps have done vs. every other category.
If you've ever wanted to own your own vineyard, ET Stock Ideas has found an amazing public company for you: Willamette Valley Vineyard (WVVI). And here is ET's portfolio of longs, shorts, and the reason for each pick.
Freakonomics has an interesting theory about how the high price of oil will make Americans skinnier.
And along those lines, here's the master list of all ethanol-related stocks that one can use to play that theory.
Wow, I had no idea infamous analyst Henry "Amazon (AMZN) to 400" Blodget has a book out.
This has to be the dumbest experiment I've ever read about.
Please also check out my article this morning on the S&P Dividend Aristocrats -- the high-yielding S&P 500 stocks that also stand out fundamentally from their peers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV