Nationwide Health Enters $475M Joint Venture
Nationwide Health Properties (NHP) said late Wednesday that it has entered into a definitive joint venture agreement with a state pension fund investor advised by Morgan Stanley Real Estate to buy and develop assisted- and independent-living and skilled-nursing facilities.
The joint venture, which will be managed by NHP, a health care real estate investment trust, will fund its investments with approximately 40% equity contributions and 60% debt and will be owned 75% by the institutional capital partner and 25% by NHP.
The joint venture's initial portfolio will have an agreed-upon value of roughly $145 million, but future transactions could total up to investments of approximately $475 million, NHP said.
Shares of Newport Beach, Calif.-based Nationwide Health closed the regular session up 31 cents to $31.01.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV