Wednesday's Tech Winners & Losers
Shares of Synchronoss Technologies (SNCR) were among technology's winners Wednesday, jumping 13% after the software provider said that Cingular selected its software platform for use in Apple's (AAPL) new iPhone product.
"This is significant for Synchronoss because it not only represents an additional driver to our Cingular-related revenue, but also because it is a major step forward in our efforts to move our ActivationNow platform up the stack," Synchronoss said.
Synchronoss reiterated its 2007 adjusted earnings forecast of 44 cents to 48 cents a share. The company predicts revenue of $99 million to $100 million. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call project earnings of 44 cents a share and revenue of $99.9 million. Shares were trading up $1.98 to $16.75.
Perficient (PRFT) rose 8% after the information technology consulting firm boosted its fourth-quarter revenue estimate. The company expects to report revenue of $48.4 million to $49.6 million, up from an earlier forecast of $42.4 million to $45.1 million. Analysts, on average, project revenue of $44.6 million. Shares of Perficient were trading at $18.72, up $1.37.Shares of Ramtron (RMTR) tumbled 15% after the chipmaker cut its fourth-quarter revenue projection. The company now estimates revenue of $9.1 million to $9.2 million, below its earlier forecast of $10.2 million to $11.2 million. Analysts anticipated revenue of $11.4 million. Ramtron attributed the shortfall to an earthquake in Taiwan and severe weather in Colorado, which resulted in product shipment delays. Shares were trading down 53 cents to $2.90.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV