Tuesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Escala Group (ESCL) was tumbling 41% on news that the New York-based collectibles company will be delisted from the Nasdaq Wednesday for failing to file some of its financials on time. The company has appealed the decision, but it won't be granted a delay. The company will now trade on the "pink sheets." Shares were falling $3.18 to $4.55.
Endologix (ELGX) shares gained 10% after the company, which makes medical equipment for the treatment of cardiovascular disease, said its fourth-quarter U.S. revenue more than doubled from a year ago to $4.1 million. Shares were climbing 32 cents to $3.55.
Buca (BUCA), which operates the Italian restaurant chain Buca di Beppo, rose on news of a 4% comparable-sales increase in the fourth quarter and a 3.8% gain in all of 2006. Shares of the Minneapolis-based company were up 42 cents, or 8.7%, to $5.25.
Altair Nanotechnologies (ALTI) rose on word the Reno-based nanomaterial maker had received a $1 million order for its NanoSafe battery pack systems from California-based Phoenix Motors. The company also signed a multiyear agreement with Phoenix under which it will probably receive further orders valued between $16 million and $42 million. The initial order will ship in February and March. Shares were trading up 20 cents, or 8%, to $2.70.Knology (KNOL) was higher after privately held PrairieWave Communications agreed to buy the company for $255 million. The West Point, Ga., wireless-communications company was rising 72 cents, or 6.8%, to $11.27.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV