Thursday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Infosonic (IFON) shares jumped more than 19% on news the San Diego-based company will continue distributing Samsung wireless devices in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay through year-end. Shares were rising 96 cents to $5.96.
Microvision (MVIS) surged after it announced it had developed a full-color projection display that's small enough to fit into a cell phone. The Redmond, Wash., company will demonstrate the device at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week. Shares were gaining 53 cents, or 17.3%, to $3.60.
Witness Systems (WITS) rose on preliminary results that topped Wall Street estimates. The Georgia-based software company said it brought in $63 million in revenue in the fourth quarter and $220 million in 2006. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial were looking for $58.2 million and $211.8 million for the quarter and year, respectively. The company also issued 2007 revenue guidance -- between $250 million and $255 million -- that beats the $246.8 million consensus. Shares were up $2.05, or 11.7%, to $19.56.
Matrix Service (MTRX) gained after profits more than tripled for the quarter ended Nov. 30. The company, which sells construction and maintenance services to the petroleum and power industries, said it earned $8.1 million, or 31 cents a share, compared with $2.2 million, or 10 cents a share, a year ago. Revenue climbed to $166.4 million from last year's $126.8 million. Shares were climbing $1.58, or 10.5%, to $16.68.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV